Friday, December 9, 2016

Cookie Season: Chewy Brownie Cookies



They look a little like piles of poop, but I swear they are amazing!

Arguably one of the best cookies I have every made. I'm not sure where my mother got the recipe, but I'm glad she gave it to me. Instead of making cookie dough, you end up with more of a brownie batter and it makes a delicious pile of cookies! I won't lie to you, these are a pain to make in comparison to other cookies, but if you have a stand mixer it won't be as bad.

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup shortening
  • 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup baking cocoa
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp baking soda
  • 2 cups chocolate chips


1. In large mixing bowl, cream shortening, brown sugar, water and vanilla. Beat in eggs.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda in separate bowl.
3. Gradually add to creamed mixture and  beat just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2” apart on ungreased baking sheets or parchment paper.
5. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes; do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.

Eat until you bury the feeling of regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment