Saturday, October 1, 2016

A Friendly Welcome



Hello there! 

If you're popping by because you either met me or picked up one of my cards at the Ohio River Festival of Books, I want to take a second to thank you for coming by!

Okay second's up.

Just kidding.

So if this is your first time here, again, welcome and I apologize for it being a little sparse at the moment. I promise it's not always going to be this way. First, let me direct you around a bit.

Up top ( ^ thataway), we have some links to parts of this site. You might notice that it is a bit eclectic, which is the nice way of saying insane. There is a page of recipes (probably not what you're here for) and some pages regarding writing (most likely what you are here for, but the cookies are amazing).

Under the short story link you will find, huh, short stories. Imagine that.
These are usually inspired by prompts or completely random ideas. A lot of them are probably rubbish, but you might notice that the writing style does improve over time which means one day I will suck a little less!

Villarian Chronicles is my upcoming book series which I hope to start publishing soon. By soon I mean book one should be out before the end of the year and I will keep you posted here and on Twitter!

The last link up there that doesn't involve soup is a writing section for you the handsome/lovely reader who is currently looking at these words! Here you will find writing tips, motivation, and prompts. You will also stumble upon some hefty info on worldbuilding.

If you are a local author in the making, my writing group, The Wicked Wordsmiths of the West, will be hosting writing workshops in preparation for NaNoWriMo! I will be leading one on worldbuilding but we will also have workshops on character development, plot, and conflict and more!

Oh look, a flyer!

These are rotating workshops so you don't have to choose. We will make sure you attend all of them!

At the workshops we will tell you more about NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month! But you can also find out about it through the website.

If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a line through here or social media! I would love to hear from you and I hope to be updating you on more info soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment