Tuesday, June 7, 2016

More Prompts for Pinning

Life has a way of stealing us from things and distracting us constantly. It seems like ages since I thought of posting on this blog. Ever since I removed my project (which is not dead, I assure you), I haven't known what to do with it.

So here I am, posting some writing prompts for you! A few of these are just bouncing around in my brain while others have been inspired by dreams lately. Since my main writing focus is still on my Villarian Chronicles, I haven't the time for short stories and the like. Thus they are yours!


Some of these look like opening lines, but never restrict yourself in your writing. Just because a prompt gives an initial impression doesn't mean that is what you should go with for your corresponding story.


I made these in picture formats so that you could pin them, share them, or just save them for a rainy day.


This one is based off a dream I had recently. I'll just let you think about how that turned out...






This one is based off a project I never finished (but may go back to). 
There are so many ways to approach it!


This one was also based off a dream that was likely the result of too many video games. 
A group of characters woke up in a room on the top floor of a skyscraper. No memory of how they got there, no idea why they were there, and the building is without power and deteriorating in some places. As they made their way to the bottom floor to escape, they discover that it is filled with murderous lunatics and a few people hiding and living in apartments along the way that are just trying to survive. There were about six people when the dream started and only two made it out alive.
Only to discover that the world outside was way worse than the the apartment building.


A lot of these ideas might seem like they can only become dark stories, but as a writer you can challenge yourself to take them down a completely different path. Don't limit yourself, shake it up and do something unexpected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment