Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Where are we going?

Where are we going? Are we there yet?

No... but we're getting there. Where exactly? Oh, allow me to explain.

I have a bad habit of working on multiple projects or giant projects that consume my soul. My current obsession is the latter.

While I want to keep this site packed with variety with updates on my life as well as short stories, one of my big goals for it is to start a series.



The serial piece I am working on is an in-depth project that involves worldbuilding and I have been working on it for the better part of the year. It was my Camp NaNo project in April and will be so again in July and I intend to keep working on it among other things. I've been writing, building languages, drawing maps, plotting story lines, and screaming into pillows because naming imaginary places is tough.

I will keep a separate page of the site updated so you can find the newest entry with ease. I don't want you to have to dig for it if I post pictures of, I dunno, me building a deck or wrestling a bear.

I plan to post it in sections with supplemental information, breaking at appropriate places, but being careful not to post too much at a time. If I were more artsy, I would love to do a webcomic, but that just isn't in the cards. I intend to post maps and other items to provide visuals, though, and song recommendations maybe for you to listen to while reading.

The goal is to keep posts between 2,200-3,000 words so that people can read each section in 20-30 minutes. I won't interrupt scenes that need to play out so some posts may be more or less than the average.

At this moment, Villarian Chronicles is plotted to be 3 books broken into 2 sections each. Book 1 is complete and part one of book 2 is nearly there.

My goal is to put up the prologue and first section of Book 1, Part 1 (Through the Veil) by August 1, 2015, but I'm still chiseling out the schedule in my brain.


I hope that you will enjoy reading about this world as much as I've enjoyed living there in my imagination. So thanks for stopping by and sticking around and I look forward to sharing the story with you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment