Sunday, April 26, 2015

Adulthood Adventures

Adulthood is an adventure, filled with excitement in ways you don't necessarily expect or want.

Excitement takes many forms, like going to Home Depot late in the evening to buy bolt cutters and a shovel (for reasons).

Or duct-taping your lawnmower handle because yours snapped, but the lawn becomes a jungle after two rainy days and it just can't wait.

Then there's the DIY projects that last 8 hours longer than they should and result in unplanned entryways that weren't in the budget, but you already tore up some of the carpet just to get that cursed door closed and OH MY GOD WE SHOULD HAVE JUST PAID SOMEONE FROM THE GET-GO!!

But take a deep breath, because there are lots of benefits to being an adulthood.
Like going to the grocery store and leaving with a cart that contains cookies, iced coffee, ice cream, whipped cream, and a rotisserie chicken.

And that is totally acceptable because you are an adult and you're the boss of you! And if anyone tells you it's irresponsible, just scream "You're not my supervisor!"

I'm sorry... where was I going with this?

Oh. Something about buying awesome stuff for your house!

LIKE THIS!!

Last weekend I took a great shopping trip with two of my besties in Cinci and we went to Ikea. I had been waiting for the trip for a long time, desperate to pick up these two pieces of furniture.

This is what my vanity used to look like:

It's a good size for a young girl or someone with a small space, but I needed more room. 
The MALM dressing table feels enormous! It's 47" long with a full length drawer. ($149 for the table)


Just an FYI: The drawer is 3" deep. I could not find that info anywhere so I couldn't get my drawer organizers until we put it together. 


The mirror is from Hobby Lobby ($39.99 but I had a 40% off coupon because of course I did.)

And do you like the totally out of place yet gloriously made Lovecraft print above it? Of course you do! Because it's flippin' awesome! I grabbed it at TriCon (our local little comic convention) from Jason Pell (He doesn't have a page for prints and such, but you can go here for more info on his graphic novels: Bug House Comics)


That wasn't my only project though:

I snatched up this little utility cart ($30) and made myself a tea and coffee bar. 


I found a contact paper shelf liner I liked and dressed it up a bit then found those super cute printables from LostBumblebee. She has tons of great printable stuff for free so go stop by her page!



I got those 4 Crate and Barrel mugs at a yard sale for pocket change and they look so cute hanging in a row. 


But here's the big deal


We invested in a new stove because ours was pretty awful. This sucker cooks and boils fast and I'm excited to get used to it. Which will take sometime because I totally made our first dinner in it 'extra crispy'. Which is actually not what you want your ham steaks to be. 


So no matter where your adult life takes you, there are ups and downs and you should consider them all little adventures. No matter how many frightened and suspicious looks you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment